Look up anything.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Y'all, who forgot the tea?

From the bottom of my red, white, and blue heart I can honestly say that America is pretty darn cool.  We're covered in sand, mountains, snow, beaches, lakes, we're culturally diverse, we stand for freedom, justice, yeah, yeah you get the point.  However, America is not up to par on one specific subject:  tea.  During our rebellion against Britain who forgot the crate of tea? C'mon y'all, you can't forget stuff like that. 

Tea.  Sigh.  The miracle drink.  For those of you who doubt tea's magical powers, let me enlighten you. 
  1. Tea can be served at any time of day; breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, mid-afternoon, evening, and bedtime. 
  2. Tea is prime for dunking rusks/biscuits/cookies.
  3. Tea can be served hot or cold.
  4. Tea can be made as personal or generic as the drinker's stomach desires.
  5. Tea is an excuse to buy colorful mugs, etc.
So, 'nuff said.  Why is America missing out on this yummy phenomenon?  I'm outraged.  I'm making a vow, right here, right now, to bring back the legend of tea with me upon my return to the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment